With funding from Fonds Darstellende Künste and Musikfonds, we are researching “extraction” as metasignifier—we include the extraction of (creative) labour from (precarious) bodies; minerals, gas and water from the ground; sounds, words and images from sentient beings; the consensual extraction of digital content, and the “mining of the exotic” from our very identities.
- STILLICIDIUM : die Tränen des SteinesA workshop with HYENAZ exploring animacy, consent, deep listening and authentic movement, in relationship with stone.
- Art and Extractivism Reading GroupREADING AND DISCUSSING TOGETHER. This reading group is especially oriented towards reading together rather than reading outside the group. We hope that this close reading strategy can be a small act of resistance against the cultural colonization of Western academia, the hegemony of English, and the codified distinctions between the academic and the “non-academic” or the artist.
- OverviewExtraction is the forthcoming audio visual and performative work in HYENAZ Foreign Bodies series and explores how extractive processes are replicated within the arts, and how… Continue reading Overview
- Compendium of Tactics*The following compendium is a by-no-means-exhaustive list of accountability practices during the field recording, filming and collaborative phase of a project. These practices are designed to… Continue reading Compendium of Tactics*
- Discussions on Art and ExtractivismHere we gathered all the recorded conversations and podcasts where we discuss our work on Extraction.
- Essays on Art and ExtractivismThese essays synthesize the reading and research we have done in the course of the Extraction research phase
- GalleryThis gallery includes visual documentation of the birth of the extraction project, when we visited the marble quarry in Apricena, Italy in 2015